*Names have been changed because I would not do well in prison.
** No one will ever be as funny as this kid I had my first year teaching pre-k. Nothing tops, "She said sit down, stank head!"
Number One
First day back from Christmas break, Samantha (who is 4 going on 34) walks in to class...
Sam: Ms. Shelton, I'm changing my mind!
Me: Really? About what?
Sam: I'm changing my mind. Everyone is named Samantha!
Me: Ohhh. You mean your changing your name?
Sam: Yes. I'm changing my name to Twinkle Bell, so call me Twinkle Bell and not Samantha.
Me: Ok. But I might forget and still call you Samantha.
Sam: Alright.
Number Two:
Since we learned about MLK last week his pic and likeness are posted in various places around campus and a trip down the hall isn't complete without at least one exclamation of, "It's Dr. King!" However yesterday one my girls exclaimed, "Look Ms. Shelton! It's Dr. Seuss!!"
Number Three:
In the line to load buses today.....
TreyScott: Mr. Lewis is brown and I'm brown, but Mr. Lucas is milk and you're milk. And milk means you're white.
I pray they continue to make me laugh more and want to pull out my hair less!


i love the milk and brown statement- very educational. i actually taught my kids brown instead of black, but i didn't think of milk. i had a student tell me about the "cocky-roaches" in her house- "they's biiiiiig." i love kids- at least work (and life) is not boring!
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I love hearing The funny things kids say... I try to write down all the things my guys say that crack us up because I know one day I will forget! Thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDelete