"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18
I am thankful that I am still alive.
I am thankful that I am able to walk and that I am not paralyzed.
I am thankful for parents that have very patiently and lovingly taken care of me because I have been unable to take care of myself.
I am thankful for friends that skipped MLB to save my life.
I am thankful for fantastic and funny nurses that distracted me for the fact that things were more serious than I thought.
I am thankful for all of the wisdom You have given my doctors.
I am thankful that I can tell people, "it's because my brain is so large!" when I say something super intelligent.
I am thankful that I can tell people, "well, you know know my skull is too small and my brain is being compressed," when I say something stupid.
I am thankful I have the MRI to prove my last two statements.
I am thankful that I no longer have a tumor in my spinal cord.
I am thankful that the tumor was benign.
I am thankful that the only issue from my tumor was nerve damage.
I am thankful for meds to help ease the pain of my "crazy legs" and still healing lower back.
I am thankful that I was sent to a neurosurgeon that specializes in Chiari Brain Malformation Type 1.
I am thankful that he only lives 2 hours away from me.
I am esp. thankful for the last two things since CBM T1 is very rare.
I am thankful for the love, prayers, understanding and support of my family and friends.
I am thankful for an understanding and patient boss.
I am thankful for an amazing assistant.
I am thankful for a "brother from another mother" friend to do all of my heavy lifting at work.
I am thankful for my Faith Family.
I am thankful for fun distractions.
I am even thankful for the not-so-fun distractions. Sometimes.
I am thankful for medical technology.
I am thankful that I lived a healthy life for almost 30 years.
I am thankful that it could be much worse and it's not.
I am thankful for the many lessons the LORD has been teaching me this year. I think I need to be a better student, though. :)
I am thankful that I know the Truth.
I am thankful for a much needed vacation next week to Florida!
And I am thankful in advance for your continued prayers. I am still not well and it's starting to look like I am going to have surgery next summer. (and that's okay. I have much peace about it.)


:) I am also extremely thankful that you are alive!!
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for your beautiful spirit despite all the pain you have been through recently.
I am thankful that I get to share in your life! :)
Thank YOU for sharing this beautiful post!! Enjoy the beach!! ;)